Saturday, July 17, 2010

touring and shopping

This morning, our guide Hugh took us on a tour of the Bloomsbury area surrounding the FSU Study Centre.  It was fabulously interesting and Hugh was so very nice.  I am looking forward to exploring the area more in the coming days.  I'm also glad that he will be showing us around Westminster Abbey on Monday.

Later in the day I met up with my friend Fran who studied abroad at UF a couple of years ago and lived in the dorm with me and is now living just outside of London.  We had lunch and went shopping down Oxford Street.  It was so, so busy down Oxford Street and the shops were so packed that we gave up on trying anything on or buying anything because the queues were too long.  Perhaps I will go back to a few stores on a weekday; Fran said that it was so busy because it was Saturday.  And even though my feet were aching something awful near the end, I still had a great time.  We took the tube back to Tottenham Court Road - my first time riding the tube!  After relaxing at the flat for a bit, Tara, Eric, Fran, and I went out for dinner at Pizza Express.  It was delicious.  We have now retired to our respective flats after a long, busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment