Thursday, July 15, 2010

finally here!

Whew.  It has been a long day.  Or couple of days.  I'm not sure if this is jet lag or just plain tiredness from everything that has been going on.  I got through my first solo plane ride alright.  The train from the airport into London was rather stressful because there was not really enough room for Tara and me to have our luggage with us.  We're pretty sure the other passengers kinda hated us, but oh well.  The cab ride to the FSU Study Centre was delightfully uneventful, though. 

So we are in flat #12, on the fifth, and top, floor of the building.  As with a large portion of European buildings, there is no elevator.  It was quite a feat to get our heavy luggage up all four narrow, steep, winding flights of stairs, but somehow we made it.  Tara and I ended up in the same flat, with two other girls: Alesha and Elizabeth.  The four of us, plus a few others went out exploring a bit and got some lunch and dinner later.  I am very much looking forward to touring and seeing more of London in the coming days, but at the moment, I am most looking forward to going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a peaceful night of sleep. Don't forget to stay hydrated -- no repeats of the Sistine Chapel. So, be sure to drink plenty of water. Love you.

    ReplyDelete