Thursday, July 22, 2010

london in motion

<-- East and West -->
Today we traveled by boat to Greenwich to see the Prime Meridian.  And, of course, we all got a picture of each of us straddling it.  The Prime Meridian, or at least the Royal Observatory through which the Prime Meridian falls, is located at the top of a very tall and steep hill.  Thus, we had to walk all way up this steep hill in order to see this landmark.  Luckily, my flatmates and I have been training for this day for about a week now due to the fact that we are living on the 5th floor of the building and must climb some rather steep stairs each time we make the trek up to our apartment.  We then returned to London to capture traffic in motion from Trafalgar Square.  I learned a bit about how to tweak the settings on my camera so that it will take pictures that give the effect that the subject is in motion.

I later ventured into the National Gallery with Lynn to see some really great art.  That museum is huge!  I didn't even have time to see half of it.  We did however make a point to see the special exhibit, Close Examination: Fakes, Mistakes and Discoveries which was really, really interesting.  That exhibit was totally worth going to see.  


In other news, I am a bit stressed about all of our projects that we have to do and turn in in the coming days.  I don't feel like my ideas are as awesome and clever as other people's ideas.  I have always had a hard time being creative on demand.  I know that for either my digital story or my photo book I want to do something about all the art I have seen and enjoyed while here.  And this weekend, Fran is taking me to the beach in Brighton and I was thinking about doing one of my projects comparing that beach to the beaches in Florida.  Something to think on....

2 comments:

  1. You should check out the Royal Pavilion while you're in Brighton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto, Marissa and I enjoyed Brighton, when we visited last spring. It's very interesting to see the beach boardwalk and compare to what we are used to. Have fun, I am enjoying reading your blog and seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete