Wednesday, July 28, 2010

story in 5 frames

Our class went to the Tower of London and stopped by Shakespeare's Globe Theatre today and our photography task was to create a story in 5 frames.  My 5-frame story actually came later, when Elana, Lynn, Kaitlin, and I went on the Jack the Ripper Murders Tour.  Here is my story:


For the record, I was not actually scared by the Jack the Ripper tour.  Our guide was a very good storyteller and that made for an interesting tour.  The real murderer was never actually caught and there are many theories about who it might be.  Before I came over here, I checked out the book Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell which argues that the true identity of Jack the Ripper was Walter Sickert.  I only read the beginning but it sounded pretty convincing.  However, our guide didn't seem to agree with Patricia Cornwell.  In any case, the case will likely never be solved and remain a mystery.

On our way back from the tour, Elana thought it would be a good idea to stop by one of the 24-hour shops on our way and buy the most random thing was say.  We ended up having a weird flavor chip (or crisp, rather) tasting party.  I think my favorite was the prawn cocktail, though it tasted nothing like shrimp cocktail. 

Tomorrow is my day to take the group photo and we are going to Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station and the British Library (where I may attempt to get a library card and see the books that Mr. Gets wants me too look into, but we'll see about that).  I am open to creative ideas for a group photo in case anyone has any!

No comments:

Post a Comment