Monday, July 19, 2010

buildings

Our itinerary today consisted of riding the London Eye, lunch in St. James' Park, a tour of Westminster Abbey, and going to the theatre to see Billy Elliot.  The focus of our photography today was buildings.  Our task was to photograph buildings in a creative and provocative way.  Luckily, there are lots and lots of marvelous buildings here in London to photograph in interesting ways.  Similarly, we had great views of the city in which to capture impressive architectural feats.  Of all the pictures I took today, I chose the picture on the right as my best of the day.  The subject is Westminster Abbey which I was utterly entranced by.  All of the history and culture and art and religion...it was so exciting.

As I said previously, we also rode the London Eye which gave us very exciting views of London for miles.  I'm a little afraid of heights though, so I was a bit nervous on the London eye - especially since the capsules don't stop for passengers to get on and off.  In any case, here's the proof that was on the London Eye, you know, in case anyone needed it:


Our final stop of the day was the theatre for a showing of the musical Billy Elliot.  I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't really too terribly excited to go see it because I was really tired and needed to work on this but I went with an open mind nonetheless.  I liked it but I didn't understand a decent portion of it because the actors had very thick accents and I had no background for the time period of the story.  At least I can say I tried it.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of you. Looks like the weather was beautiful and you are really enjoying yourself. Its cool that your religion and art history background are helping you enjoy the sights. Glad you kept an open mind at the theater. Love you, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of the abbey! Good job! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete