Sunday, August 8, 2010

home

I made it back home.  I have spent the past few days recovering and tomorrow I must go back to work.  I am not terribly excited about that, but I do have to pay my rent from time to time, so I have no choice.  The plane ride back was fine but very long.  I was stopped at security in London and a guard went through all of my things in my carry-on.  A little nerve-wracking even though I knew there was nothing of interest in there.  But once Darla, Crystal, and I got on the plane and found out that we were by the emergency exit and thus had lots of leg room, we settled in for the 9-hour flight.  I watched Alice in Wonderland which was really neat to see after having been to Christ Church.  After that, I watched She's Out of My League and Iron Man 2, both of which passed the time nicely.  When we reached the airport, I was anxious to see my mom who was picking me up and I cried a bit when I finally found her.  I'm a big baby, what can I say?

I slept a solid 12 hours Thursday night.  That was fun.  I have actually been a bit busy since coming home, with only a little time to relax.  I had to go grocery shopping, bake my mom a belated birthday cake, hang out with people, unpack....  My friends and family keep asking about my trip and all I can tell them is that I had a good time but I am glad to be home.  I feel like I should have more to say, but I guess the fact that I have been keeping this blog has gotten it out of my system perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment